Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sunday's Coming

Good morning,

Greetings from the RGV (Rio Grande Valley).

This week, we have spent a lot of time visiting people who have been in the hospital. Almost always, someone here is going to or just coming back from the doctor or the hospital.  It could be depressing if you let it.

My sermon for this week is “How to start each day.” Psalm 5: 1-3 No matter what is going on in our life, we need to take it to the Lord in prayer each morning.

When we lose the morning we lose the day.
When we lose the day, we forget to pray.
When we forget to pray, we lose the way.


The problem ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.

How to Get Into Heaven

A man dies and meets St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. Peter says to the man, "Here's how it works. You need to have one hundred points to get into heaven. You tell me about all the good things you've done. They are all worth a certain number of points. If your total is one hundred or more, you can come in."

"Well," says the man. "I was happily married to the same woman for 52 years. I never looked at another woman. I was attentive and loved her dearly."

"That's great," says St. Peter. "That'll be two points."

"Hmmm," says the man. "This is going to be harder than I thought. Well, I attended church regularly, volunteered my time and tithed faithfully."

"Wonderful," says St. Peter, "That's worth another point."

"One point!" says the man. "Okay, okay. I was involved with a prison ministry for twenty-five years. I went into the prison, at least monthly, and shared Jesus with them."

"Wow!" says St. Peter. "That's another two points!"

"Only two points!" says the man. "At this rate, it'll be only by the grace of God that'll I'll ever get into this place."

"Bingo!" says St. Peter. "That's one hundred points! Come on in."

LaVon and I are truly thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us: by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great story - to be remembered and shared!