Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sunday's Coming

Good morning, from the RGV (Rio Grande Valley).
We have had a great week, the weather is perfect, had a little rain for the first time since we have been here and seems to have settled the dust. We are still meeting new people every day by making home visits or just chance meetings ( God's appointments) while walking around. Our being here, we know, is what God wants so we try to be obedient and every day I make a choice that I will love it here and do what He has called us to do.
My sermon direction this week seems to be headed toward Obedience Brings Blessings.”  I read a related story that I like...

Obedience, not understanding:
When Billy Graham first started preaching, he was confused and had some doubts about God’s Word. While praying one morning, he got down on one knee at this monument and said, “Lord, I don’t understand all that is in this book, and there are a lot of different passages that I have my doubts about…. But, You say it’s Your Word, so by faith, I’m going to accept it as my authority and live it.” That prayer proved to be the turning point of his life! From that moment on God began to use Him in amazing ways.
I believe if we are obedient, God will use us and bless us. He has been faithful to us in this.  So ask God what He wants you to do, then do it and watch what He does.

LaVon and I are truly thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us: by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on,
Don

No comments: