Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sunday's Coming

Greetings from the RGV (Rio Grande Valley).
Good morning.  I pray you had a safe and enjoyable Christmas. We were busy but had a great Christmas. Now we are gearing up for New Year's, you know, all the parties, Ha, Ha. Seriously, we have no plans except the normal everyday business.
My sermon this week is on the New Year and resolutions.  As I was reading today, I came across this:
DECIDING TO JUMP

A boy told his father, "Dad, if three frogs were sitting on a limb that hung over a pool, and one frog decided to jump off into the pool, how many frogs would be left on the limb?"

The dad replied, "Two."

"No," the son replied. "There’s three frogs and one decides to jump, how many are left?"

The dad said, "Oh, I get it, if one decides to jump, the others would too. So there are none left."

The boy said, "No dad, the answer is three. The frog only DECIDED to jump."

Does that sound like last year’s resolution?

Application
I tell myself, "This year I’m going to turn over a new leaf. I’m going to exercise regularly & lose weight. I’m going to do all kinds of things to improve myself physically & spiritually." But then somehow I forget. Maybe you have that problem, too.

So this year I have a suggestion for a New Year’s resolution that we ought to be able to remember. It is kind of broad & very general, but here it is - let’s promise ourselves & God that we will make a change for the better. This year, as God’s people, as His church, let’s make this one simple resolution - we’re going to make a change for the better.
Happy New Year!
LaVon and l are thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us: by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.
Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

No comments: