Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sunday's Coming

Good morning,

And it is, after many days of fever, chills and upset stomach, I am feeling better. Thanks for your prayers! 

Through the Holy Spirit, believers can access an endless well of supernatural power to triumph in any trial.


Our weakness frees God to make His greatest triumphs. His power is loosed when His children admit they are not in control and can do nothing to help themselves.  Only then do we find the energy, courage, and peace we need to go on living for His glory.


This our last week in Arizona.  Monday we will be on the road back to Texas first, then to Oklahoma for a while, then on to Georgia. I thank you so much for all your prayers, your emails and words of encouragement and a special thanks to each of you that give to our ministry that keeps us going to tell the good news. May God Bless You!


Speaking of giving I came across this story and wanted to share with you:


I Wish I Could Be Like That

It was the Christmas season and Paul had received a special pre-Christmas gift from his brother. It was a beautiful brand new automobile.


On Christmas Eve, when Paul came out of his office, a street kid was walking around the shiny new car, admiring it. When Paul went to get into the car the kid asked him, "Mister, is this your car?"


When Paul replied that it was, and that his brother had given it to him for Christmas, the boy said, "You mean your brother gave it to you, and it didn’t cost you anything? Free, for nothing? Gosh, I wish..."


The boy hesitated, and Paul knew what he was about to say. He had heard it many times over the past few days. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the boy said jarred Paul all the way down to his toes. "I wish..." the boy went on, "...that I could be a brother like that."


"...remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20:35


Which do you wish you could be?


Have a great day, love you, pass it on.


Don

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I hope I am a sister to Mike like that. I would gladly give everything I have if he were in need and I know he feels the same way. It is a joyous feeling to know someone cares that much about us, such as God does! Have a safe and wonderful trip to your next destination. I'll be waiting for pics from LaVon.