Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sunday's Coming

Good morning once again.

I pray you had a great Easter. We had a great one, almost 200 in church and as usual several new faces. My prayer is that they heard from the Lord and lives will be changed.

I urge you to continue to pray for us. I know Satan doesn't like what we are preaching and how we are ministering here. He will continue to try to disrupt the work. I also want to thank so many of you not only for praying, but your visits, your phone calls and a special thanks for giving to our ministry. How blessed you make me feel, I can not explain, but to we say "thank you" and "we love you guys soooo." May God continue to bless you and keep you safe.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

The Privilege of Giving

But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. -- 2 Corinthians 9:6

I heard the story of a Southern preacher who was speaking to his congregation and said, "We have to crawl before we can walk."

The congregation responded in unison, "Let us crawl, Preacher. Let us crawl."

Then the preacher said, "We have to walk before we can jog."

"We have to walk, preacher, then. Let us walk," came the reply.

The preacher continued, "We have to jog before we can run."

"Let us jog, preacher. Let us jog," they answered.

"But before we can run," he told them, "we have to learn how to give."

There was a moment of silence, followed by these words: "Let us crawl, preacher. Let us crawl."

No comments: