Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sunday's Coming

Good morning,

I pray all is well with you today. If you have a prayer need let us know and we will pray with you.

We have two more Sunday's and then we are off to points back east to visit our family. As we prepare, we ask you to be in prayer for us, that our travels will be safe and that our finances will be enough.

My sermon this week is on prayer, especially on asking all of you to partner with us and asking God's guidance so we can continue telling about the saving grace of the Lord Jesus. We believe in prayer and know God hears all our request and He also answers.

We thank you for your prayers, emails, phone calls and in your visits as so many have done this season; what a blessing and an encouragement each of you are to us.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on,
Don


Col. 4:2-3 Continue stedfastly in prayer, watching therein with thanksgiving; withal praying for us also, that God may open unto us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ,

Late For Class

A little girl, dressed in her "Sunday best," was late and running to her Sunday school class. As she ran, she prayed, "Dear God, please don't let me be late. Dear God, please don't let me be late." Then she fell.

She got up, dusted herself off and saw that her dress was now dirty and had a little tear. She started running again, still praying, "Dear God, please don't let me be late." But this time she added, "But please don't push me, either!"

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I loved the story, but also think God can give me a push anytime he feels the need. I trust him not to hurt me, but to protect me! We pray for your safe journey as you get ready to leave AZ.

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

We also will keep you in prayer as you travel. Hopefully, you won't have to go thru any snow. LOL! Miss and love you two.