Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sunday's Coming

Good Morning,

We have made it to Kerrville, Texas!


I have been asked to do a short talk Friday morning, to a rally group here in the park and to preach on Sunday. God is good!

As I was reading this morning I want to share this devotional from "The Sower.”

WHAT’S IN A NUMBER?

When Harlan Sanders had turned forty he realized that he could not point to anything in his life that could be considered a success. Whatever he attempted to do, failed. One day someone said to him,
“Harlan, life begins at forty!” It jolted him in such away that it awakened his faith and he determined to begin again. After a time of prayer he decided to open a service station. Shortly after its opening he added a luncheonette. One of his meals was fried chicken. To make it tastier he came up with a “special” batter and called it the Harlan Sanders’ Kentucky Fried Chicken. People
enjoyed it so much that they soon recommended it to their friends. It brought him fame and fortune and the Governor of Kentucky made him a Kentucky Colonel. Soon people everywhere were buying the “Colonel’s” Kentucky Fried Chicken.

By God’s grace and the Colonel’s faith, what had been a life of failure and frustration became a life with a future and personal fulfillment. But his new life did not begin at forty. It began when God became a major part of his life’s “recipe.”  
When God becomes the main “ingredient” in our life, everything will become new. With Him as the centerpiece and His Word as our guide, we can overcome any obstacle or difficulty that stands in the way of our success.

Prayer: Let us always remember, Lord, that all things are possible when we trust in You and desire to honor You with the gifts and talents You have given us. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Scripture for Today: Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

LaVon and I are truly thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us:  by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don



PS from LaVon:
I find myself totally without adequate words to express my gratitude for all the love and prayers that have been sent my way during my time with Mama Trudy and at her Home Going.  I am blessed beyond measure to have had her as my mother.  The last four months God gave me to be with her  and fulfill my promise to her, will forever be among the most cherished times of my life.  I feel like I finally did something right.  It meant so much to her to have both of her children with her during her last months; she could not believe that God had blessed her in such a way as that.  Over and over, she thanked me for being there with her.  It was an utter joy to serve her and love her and care for her.  God called me to her side to be His arms, His hands, His feet, and His heart.  All glory to God.  I miss her and can not believe she is truly gone.  I really just thought she would be with me forever, but she's now experiencing total joy with our Savior and I am so happy for her.  Heaven just got even sweeter for me.

No comments: