Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sunday's Coming

Good morning!


We have a prayer request today.  We need rain here in the Texas Hill Country!  But even with the drought, it is still beautiful here.  As I sit outside and look at the pecan orchard and watch the deer grazing, my mind goes to how awesome God is to create so much beauty and then give me an appreciation for it.  While in that frame of mind, I opened the devotional book that I carried outside with me and low and behold, this is what I read:


His Evidence is Everywhere


A small child was fishing with his grandfather.


Suddenly in a burst of excitement he asked, "Grandpa, can anyone see God?"


Thinking for a moment he answered, "Son, it's getting so that I can't see anything but God."


Looking at the beauty of nature, we see the handiwork of God and are reminded that He is creator and Lord of all of life.


When I lose a loved one, I realize that He is a Friend that is much closer than a brother, and in my pain I find His comfort and compassion.


When I am filled with fear, I know that I can turn to Him as my refuge.


When I feel oppressed or overwhelmed, insignificant or insufficient, I know that my Savior has all the strength I need.


When I feel that my life is a shambles, I know that He can put it back together and that He will not give up on me.


When I feel that I have come to the end of my rope, He makes me aware that nothing is impossible with Him.


As sure as God is my Heavenly Father, I know that His presence and power, His grace and goodness, His majesty and might are with me now and will be in eternity.  We will never be separated from Him and His love.


Prayer:  Heavenly Father, may we truly believe that You are ever-present, never-failing, all-powerful and all-sufficient.  May we trust You for all that we need. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Scripture for today:  Psalm 19
(Taken from Seeds From The Sower - a devotional)

God is so good and man is without excuse.


To you, our ministry partners, we say, "Thank you" with all sincerity and gratitude.  May God richly bless you is our prayer.


Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

No comments: