Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sunday's Coming

Good morning, 
We will be on the road again today. We have been in Waco,Texas. We leave for our summer assignment, Kerrville, Texas, at Johnson Creek RV Resort.
We continue to ask for your prayers and support as you all know that gas continues to go up.
When we arrived in Waco and setting up I tripped and fell resulting in a broken rib.  Needless to say, this has been a trying week.  I have been weary and tired all week but through it all, as I read in Mathew how if I come to Jesus and give him my burdens, He would give me rest and He has.  Praise the Lord!

A Parable:
The driver of a wagon was on his way to market when he overtook an old man carrying a heavy load. Taking compassion on him, the driver invited the old man to ride in the wagon. Gratefully the old man accepted. After a few minutes, the driver turned to see how the man was doing. To his surprise, he found him still straining under the heavy weight. He had not taken the burden off his shoulders. The old man explained, “I knew you would carry me, but I did not know you would also carry my burden.”

People today seem to be so beat down by the everyday struggles of life. They seem to be so very tired and weary. Too many of us do the same thing as the old man, we come to Jesus but we continue to carry our burdens. Whatever is going on in your life today give it to Jesus. He will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28 - 30 (ASV) 28Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
LaVon and I are truly thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us: by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.
Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

1 comment:

Norm and Lori said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better, and what a great reminder, that we need to bring all of our burdens to the Lord. He is more than capible of takeing care of our burdens and us too.