Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sunday's Coming

Good morning, from the RGV,

Well it finally happened, winter showed up last nite. We fell below freezing.  Not happy. (Just kidding!) Counting it all joy.

We read a devotion this morning that talked about going through the four seasons how they work together to bring life and growth. Just as God planned seasons in nature, He planned seasons in our life as well. These seasons in our lives work together to bring about God's perfect will for each one of us. We grow through these seasons and use the experiences to show Jesus at work in our lives. We need to be a reflection of Jesus in our daily lives so others will want what we have.

My message this week is Living Our Life Like Jesus. Titus 2:7-10

Cab Driver Etiquette

On a business trip to India, I arrived at the airport in Delhi and took a taxi to my hotel, where I was greeted by my hospitable Indian host.

The cab driver requested the equivalent of eight dollars U.S. for the fare. It seemed reasonable, so I started to hand him the money. But my host grabbed the bills and initiated a verbal assault upon the cabby, calling him a worthless parasite and a disgrace to their country for trying to overcharge visitors. My host threw half the amount at the driver and told him never to return. As the taxi sped off, my host gave me the remaining bills and asked, "How was your trip?"

"Fine ... until you chased the cab away with my luggage in the trunk."
We need to live our lives so others can see Jesus in us because we know God is good, all the time and all the time God is good. Rejoice and Praise the Lord today!

LaVon and I are truly thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us: by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on,
Don

1 comment:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Thank you. You always seem to be talking to me. Had a very rough day and I know what I need to do. I guess I always knew what to do, just needed a reminder. Love you for all the reminders you send my way.