Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sunday Is Coming

Jesus answered and said to him, “What do you want Me to do for you?” Mark 10:51

Good morning,

It is that time of the week.

We finally took LaVon to the doctor yesterday and was told she has severe allergies. We acquired several prescriptions and after taking them they made her even sicker. I'm praying that today she will start to feel better.

As we were driving and listening to KLOVE on the radio and they are having their fund raiser, it made me think maybe that's what we should be doing for our ministry. I am not good at asking for help but the scripture at the begining says "what do you want me to do", my reply is to take care of our needs while we serve you. Several of you have helped us this past year and without your help we could not continue. My prayer is that even more of you get involved.

We are reaching people for the Lord. For example, just Monday, I went to the hospital to see one of our residents and met a young lady that worked there. She asked if I needed help and when I told her the room number she told me that she would take me, as we were walking she said something and my reply was , "Praise the Lord." She asked if I was a Believer. When I said "yes" she said "I wish I could be." Well, she is now. We parted with her commitment that she is coming to church with us next Sunday. Pray for Janet.

Thank you for your support, your encouraging words by email, phone and visits, and for your prayers.

Have a great day,love you, pass it on,
Don

During the dark days of the American Revolution, when the Continental Army had experienced several setbacks, a farmer who lived near the battlefield approached Washington’s camp unheard. Suddenly his ears caught an earnest voice raised in agonizing prayer. On coming nearer he saw it was the great General, down on his knees in the snow, his cheeks wet with tears. He was asking God for assistance and guidance. The farmer crept away and returned home. He said to his family, “Its going to be all right. We are going to win!” “What makes you think so?” his wife asked. “Well,” said the farmer, “I heard General Washington pray out in the woods today—such fervent prayer I have never heard. And God will surely hear and answer that kind of praying.”

No comments: