Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sunday's Coming

It is that time of the week again, time sure flies when your having fun,huh?

I pray all is well with you today. We continue to receive prayer request, so I continue to ask that you lift our friends and their needs to the Lord.

Last week I did a funeral for the husband of a lady we had met while I was the pastor at a local church. There was tension among the family and after the service one daughter told me she was glad her father was gone. This led to a sermon on forgiveness which God was gracious to allow me a place to preach it. The text is Mathew 18:21-35. If you have someone in your life now that you need to forgive or ask them to forgive you, then pray and call or go see them. Don't let it end like this young lady, bitter even to the end. There is no way to say I'm sorry after they are gone.

I want to say thank you, again, to those of you who have given to our ministry again this month. Without you, we could not continue. You are such a part of our ministry. Your emails, phone calls, support and visits encourage us so that we can go on doing what we know God is leading us to do.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

The mother of four young boys often had difficulty curbing their energy, especially in church. But when her minister preached on "turning the other cheek," the boys gave him their undivided attention.

“No matter what others do to us,” he said, “we should never try to ‘get even.’”

That afternoon the youngest boy came into the house crying. Between sobs he said he’d kicked one of his brothers, who then kicked him in return.

"I’m sorry you’re hurt," his mother said. "But you shouldn’t go around kicking people."

Still choking back tears, he replied, "But the preacher said he isn’t supposed to kick me back."

[Jane Vajnar, Tampa, Kansas. "Lite Fare," Christian Reader.]

No comments: