Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sunday's Coming

Good morning,

I pray all is well with you today. I have heard from some of you and the summer has been quiet a trial. Let us join together and pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ now as the Lord leads. (Pray!)

LaVon's mother had cataract surgery yesterday and did very well. LaVon has been staying with her, so it gets a little lonesome here by myself. Pray for us for this time in our lives.

I have a funeral to do today, so I get to preach for a little bit. It will be outside in 100 degree weather, so please pray for me.

You know being on vacation for a few weeks is good but after that I really get bored and need something to do. Since I have no church to pastor it is hard to stay motivated. I read a quote from Zig Ziglar this week.
After a speech one day, Zig Ziglar was approached by someone in the audience who said:
"Zig, it was a great speech, but...motivation doesn't last."
Zig said, "Bathing doesn't either. That's why I recommend it daily!"

I need to be motivated just like everyone else, daily. God sees my need and inspires you to send an email or to phone. Thanks, it gets me going again.

I pray you have a great day and will be motivated today to do something for the Lord. Thanks for your support through your prayers, emails and financial support without any of these we could not stay motivated.

A sister and brother are talking to each other when the little boy gets up and walks over to his Grandpa and says, "Grandpa, please make a frog noise."
The Grandpa says, "No."
The little boy goes on, "Please...please make a frog noise."
The Grandpa says, "No, now go play."
The little boy then says to his sister, "Go tell Grandpa to make a frog noise."
So the little girl goes to her Grandpa and says, "Please make a frog noise."
The Grandpa says, "I just told your brother ’no’ and I’m telling you ’no’."
The little girl says, "Please...please Grandpa Make a frog noise."
The Grandpa says, "Why do you want me to make a frog noise?"
The little girl replied, "Because mommy said when you croak we can go to Disney World!"

This morning, what motivates us in our day by day living?

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

(Read John 21:15-17)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don, Your messages and comments always seem to be just I need to hear about (or read about). I am so thankful the Lord sent you two into my life - Coffeyville, KS was much better because of you two. I pray the Lord will continue to bless you two with extra strength and guidance. Love you both! Margie

Claudia said...

Don, just relax and enjoy your free time because when we get back to AZ I'm sure your days will be full and you'll be glad you had this time off.