Friday, February 15, 2008

Reply from Frank & Helen Maguire

Don, LaVon, and Quail Run friends,

We are reaching the end of our stay in Kirkland, WA. On Sunday we begin our train trek across the frigid north-central tundra, eventually on to Indianapolis.

We have enjoyed our stay, though "unhappy" re: the weather here. But we know that Joy, not happiness, is the test.

I am involved in the Dickens matter, still. Arizona Federal Public Defender Dale Baich and I stay in communication. He has sent to me the full trial transcript--Grand Jury, Pre-trials, and Trial--on a cd rom. I am in the process of studying it. It is a bundle, and all of the procedural stuff makes one wonder how we ever make the system work. (Does it work?) I will tell you more when we return to AZ, on the first or second week of March.

Give our love to all, and continue to pray for us. God's grace is sufficient for the day, and, as I look over our national scene, we need a super-abundance of it these days.

God bless,

Frank and Helen

Don Baker wrote:

How are you two doing? LaVon and I think of you two often and pray for you and yours. I have been asked by several in church how you are. Hope we get to spend some time together before we leave. Let me know where you are and what your plans may be.

Have a great day,
Love, Don

No comments: