Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sunday's Coming

Time seems to be going fast. I guess when you are busy and happy, time just gets away. I think it has a lot to do with our attitude, when you are doing what God wants you to do, you can't be anything but content.

Sunday, my topic was about discouragement and you know what happened, I got discouraged. God dealt with me and out of it came this weeks message, Forgiveness. You see when you get down the next thing that happens is you strike out at someone else. Now, you have to be about asking others for forgiveness. We need the right attitude in all situations. I read this this morning:

Rejoice in the LORD always. I will say it again: Rejoice! —Philippians 4:4
As you read it, remember the words of Paul in Philippians 4:11b, “I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances…”

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.
Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today ." So she did and she had a wonderful day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
"H-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today . " So she did and she had a grand day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.
"Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.
"YEA!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"
The road you are traveling may be difficult and even heartbreaking. These seasons of life are inevitable. Yet, how we respond makes a tremendous difference. We can ask for God’s strength to help us. We can choose the attitudes we live by, even on our darkest day.


Laugh for the day:
"Salesmanship"
During a magazine and newspaper subscription drive, our son Philip, a paperboy, learned about good salesmanship.
His supervisor had instructed the kids to maintain a positive attitude, even when turned down. One potential customer told Philip, "I've got papers and magazines strewn all over the place -- I don't need any more."
Philip's reply? "Well, how about a subscription to Good Housekeeping?"

Have a great day, love you, pass it on, Don

No comments: