Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sunday's Coming

In my reading today, I want to share this from David Jeremiah.

Praising God for Miracles

My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. 
Psalm 121:2 

Among the stories connected to the memory of Francis of Assisi is this one: 
One day Francis gathered his friends at a remote monastery in central Italy. When he asked them about their journeys, each brother had an exciting tale to report. One had been riding his mule across a narrow bridge that spanned a deep gorge. When the mule bolted, the man was nearly thrown into the ravine. He praised God he hadn't been killed.

Another brother had nearly drowned fording a river but, he said, “God in His grace provided a tree that had fallen across the water. I was able to grasp a branch and pull myself to safety.” Other brothers expressed similar stories of God’s protection. Then someone asked Francis about his trip. “I experienced the greatest miracle of all,” said the famous friar. “I had a smooth, pleasant, and uneventful journey.”

We should always remember to praise God for His miracles in whatever form they come. He blesses, heals, rescues, delivers, helps, and uplifts more times every day than we can count. We should always be saying, “Thank You, Lord!”



No comments: