Friday, September 12, 2014

Sunday's Coming

Good morning,

We are very happy in our new location. It's so peaceful and much quieter here. Almost daily, God gives me an opportunity to chat with Louie, the owner. He may only be one person, but he is valuable to God.
Thankfully, it didn't fall on our RV, but it did take out a portion of the top strand of wire on Louie's fence.  The tree cutting crew repaired the fence.

As I deal with health issues, the following from David Jeremiah spoke to my heart this morning. I hope it will be an encouragement to you, as well.

Worshiping in the Darkness
I will praise You with my whole heart; before the gods I will sing praises to You. - Psalm 138:1
Recommended Reading
Job 42:1-6
The nineteenth-century South African pastor and writer, Andrew Murray, was feeling unwell one day when a woman came seeking his advice about a difficult situation in which she was involved. Unable to see the woman in person, he wrote down a few paragraphs on paper for his housekeeper to give to the woman. The last line he wrote was a summary for her to believe: "I am here (1) by God's appointment, (2) in His keeping, (3) under His training, (4) for His time."
In short, Andrew Murray gave his visitor four reasons for worshiping God even in times of trouble. If we are where we are by God's appointment, in His keeping, under His training, for His time, what could we possibly have to worry about? Those four points are usually what we think when things are going well, when we really feel like worshiping God. But if they are true all the time, even when things are hard, why wouldn't we worship God in those times as well? We agree with Job: "Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?" (Job 2:10) 
We don't worship God because things are good or otherwise. We worship Him because of His sovereign oversight and care for our life. 

Never doubt in the dark what God told you in the light. - V. Raymond Edman 
I read in Isaiah 46:4 this week and I really like this verse ... the most obvious reason being that my hair is almost solid silver now.  Second reason: God is good and I know He is carrying me.

Isaiah 46:3-4New King James Version (NKJV)

“Listen to Me, O house of Jacob,
And all the remnant of the house of Israel,
Who have been upheld by Me from birth,
Who have been carried from the womb:
Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on,
Don

No comments: