Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sunday's Coming

 
Good Morning,

Thank you for your prayers. LaVon continues to have a lot of pain.  We praise God for the progress she has made in the increased range of motion and we hope and pray her shoulder will soon be healed.

I was reading this morning and read the following -

Do you ever feel like prayer is pointless? If God knows everything already, then why do we need to pray? Prayer is simply communication with God. In order to have a healthy relationship with another person, we must talk to one another. Similarly, we must communicate with the Father to have a thriving relationship with Him. It's way easier than it seems. Just start with thanking Him for life itself and all that you have. Talk to Him about all that is bothering you...etc. Agree with Him through the reading of His promises in His Word.
Why Pray?
by Jeff Schreve
Psalm 116:1-9

I did a little google search on the question, why pray? And one of the things that came up on the first page, why pray, was a blog from an atheist. And this atheist blogger said, ''I think prayer is the most ridiculous, useful less thing a person could ever do.''

Why pray? You know, the Scriptures says in 2nd Timothy chapter 2 and verse 1, ''The first thing,'' Paul told Timothy, ''the first thing I want you to do is pray.'' Why? Why do you want me to do that, Paul? Why is that the first thing? Why pray? Somebody could say, ''Well, you know, why pray? It's because God tells you to pray.'' That's kind of like the answer when you ask your parents, ''Why do you want me to do this?'' ''Just do what I say. It's because I told you so, that's why you do it. Do it because I told you.''

Well, we could say, ''Why pray?'' Well, God told us to. Well, that doesn't really answer the question. I mean, that's an answer, but it's kind of like an answer that just says shut up and do it.
God doesn't give us that kind of an answer. God says, ''This is why you pray,'' and the answer is found in Psalm 116 very clearly it says this: ''I love the LORD because He hears my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live...
Thank you for your support through your prayers, calls, e-mails and financial gifts. We continue to make ourselves available to the residents of this RV park and God gives us opportunity almost daily to encourage someone in Him by praying with them and listening to them. Our "Chaplain Baker" shingle is still hanging on the front of our RV and people know we are here.
Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

No comments: