Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sunday's Coming

Good Morning,

We are in Waco, Texas for the next week then on to Magnolia, Texas and be close to Leslie and the family. We continue in prayer as to what the Lord wants us to do and we urge you to be in prayer with us.

My reading today from David Jeremiah.

Sunlight Through Glass
This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Writer F. W. Boreham told of taking lodgings in the home of Old Bessie, the widow of a local pastor. One morning he noticed some words etched into one of the windows: "This is the day!" At breakfast he asked Bessie about it.
"I have had a lot of trouble in my time," she explained. "Each morning when I woke up I felt as though I had the weight of the world upon me. Then one day when I was very upset about things, I sat down and read ... the 118th Psalm. When I came to the 24th verse, I stopped. ... It flashed upon me like a burst of sunshine on a gloomy day." With a glass-cutting tool from the kitchen, Bessie etched the words on the windowpane --
This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

"There!" she thought. "Now I shall see that little bit of Bible there every morning when I draw up the blind."
1

Even biblical characters as courageous as Joshua needed to learn to keep a good attitude despite circumstances. So did Old Bessie. So do we! Today rejoice! Be glad in Him.

As we thank you for your prayerful and financial partnership with this ministry, we want to encourage your personal ministry as well. When you use your influence for the Kingdom, your witness in works and words touches people for eternity.  David Livingstone, famed missionary doctor said it well: "If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

No comments: