Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sunday's Coming

Good Morning,

Thank you for your prayers and support. We are in Sunscape Park in Casa Grande, Arizona and will be here until the 22nd of April, then off to Oklahoma to begin a new work.

Have you ever felt like God is not listening to you? You pray and nothing happens. You feel like David in the following passage:
Psalm 22:1-2
1.My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish?
2. My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest.


Then you come to realize He was there all the time, but it was you who wasn't listening.

Verse 24 says, "For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help."

I think we all need a lesson in listening.

Prayer: Teach Me to Listen
Now the Lord came and stood and called as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" And Samuel answered, "Speak, for Your servant hears." —1 Samuel 3:10
Lord, teach me to listen. The times are noisy and my ears are weary with the thousand raucous sounds which continuously assault them. Give me the spirit of the boy Samuel when he said to Thee, "Speak, for thy servant heareth." Let me hear Thee speaking in my heart. Let me get used to the sound of Thy voice, that its tones may be familiar when the sounds of earth die away and the only sound will be the music of Thy speaking voice. Amen. {The Pursuit of God, pp. 82-83 "Speak, for Thy servant heareth. Amen."}
We want to thank you for your support through your prayers, calls, e-mails and financial. When I am down we receive one of the above from one of you and God reminds me He is still here and that each of you are here with us. So Thank You.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

No comments: