Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sunday's Coming

Good Morning,

We have ended yet another year... how time flies. As we begin this new year, let me express our heart felt thanks for each of you. You have given financially, invested personally with your prayers and phone calls at just the right moment, and when possible visits. All of these have enabled us to do this work God has called us to do.  You are an encouragement to us.

The following scripture came to mind:
 


Phil 4:14 - Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. 15 Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; 16 for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need. 17 Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. 18 I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. 20 To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

 "The True Steward." - A steward is a manager put in charge to use or invest his or her owner’s resources according to the will of the owner of these resources. Therefore, we are all stewards or managers of God’s resources, to use and invest God’s resources according to God’s will.
Thanks again for listening to the Lord and investing in us.

We pray you have a Blessed New Year and may God be with you.
 

A CHEERFUL LIVER

 Corinthians 9:7- God loves a cheerful giver.

Mary Ann O'Roark: "As a little girl I heard grown ups repeat a bible verse that I was certain said, "God loveth a cheerful liver." I asked my grandma what a liver was. "It's a part inside you," she told me, "like your stomach or your heart." I puzzled over how to get my insides to be more cheerful. One day in Sunday school an older kid set me straight: "It's giver, not liver." But I don't think I got it all that wrong. God does love a cheerful liver."

John 10:10- I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.

Don


PS... A liver is also someone who lives.  Or by definition:

1: one that lives especially in a specified way <a fast liver> <a cheerful liver>
                      But you got that, didn't you?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thank you for teaching about a 'Cheerful Liver'. It put a smile on my face and joy in my heart.