Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sunday's Coming

Good Morning,

We had our first service Sunday with 15 people attending. I preached on encouragement, how to encourage others. After the service a man came to me and said “Well pastor that was a warm sermon.” I thought that was a strange thing to say but I said “thank you but what did you mean?” He replied “ not so hot.”

I couldn't help but smile.  Maybe he didn't get what the sermon was about.

I want to thank you for your support, by your prayers, calls to encourage us, and your gifts that make it possible for us to be here to share Christ with this park.

In my reading this week was this devotional:

Grow Spiritually through Ministry
As a young boy growing up on a farm in rural Mississippi, my mom taught me to minister in simple ways. On the occasions that we would go to the small town nearby, she would always have me gather a bouquet of flowers to take to a widow, or a sick person, or just to say "thank you" for being my teacher, leader, or pastor.

This practice became a joy as people decades older than I gave a genuine smile, words of appreciation, and spoke words of encouragement into my life.

We make ministry so organized and methodical...even laborious. God blesses the acts of kindness in His name. He can use informal personal touch ministry and formal structured ministry for His glory. He wants to use you as a missionary in ministry.

Give a cup of water in His name, and go ahead, make disciples.





Matthew 28:19 - 20 (ASV) 19 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: 20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

LaVon and I are truly thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us: by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

1 comment:

Chaplain Don Baker said...

In an email from Nancy Reid, she commented:
I am encouraged by Don’s sharing. And I’ll bet that gentlemen will come back next Sunday! I understand that Saturday is “Make a Difference Day” so let’s take this opportunity to encourage someone.