Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sunday's Coming

Good Morning,

I just want to take a moment and thank those of you who have given support to us. My heart is full and my prayer is God will bless you greatly.

I had made plans to leave here next Monday to get the rig in south Texas, but things have taken a turn for the worse, so I must stay put for now. I have said this week if you want to make God laugh tell Him what you are going to do.


James 4:13-17 (NIV)

Boasting About Tomorrow
 13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. 17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.
 
I came across this story yesterday and it struck a nerve. I pray it does for you as well.

Abraham Lincoln spent years as a circuit riding lawyer. On one of his trips he and a friend were faced with crossing the dangerous Fox River.
While traveling through a small village he decided to ask a minister about the best place to cross it.
“Well,” said the minister, “it’s always pretty bad. I am familiar with all its dangers. But I have one fixed rule that I never change: I never cross it until I reach it.”





Planning for tomorrow is time well spent. But worrying about what might happen tomorrow is a foolish use of our time.

Scripture for Today: 

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."- Matthew 6:33-34
 
I know God wants what's best for us so I will listen and act accordingly.

LaVon and I are truly thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us: by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

No comments: