Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sunday's Coming

Good Morning,

This has been a good week. I spoke to a group of pastors Monday. I told them of our ministry and then preached about encouragement. You see everyone of us needs to be encouraged at times. Sometimes I feel that I am not doing anything or what I am doing is for naught. Then I hear from one of you; oh, what that does for me I will never be able to tell you.

Let me share this story:
The Story of Robert Moffit: One Convert

I’m sure you’ve heard the classic story about the faithful pastor who was told by his superior that something was wrong with his work. The supervisor told him, “Only one person has been added to your church this year, and he is only a boy.” Later that day, heavy of heart, the pastor was praying when someone walked up behind him. Turning around, he saw the same boy—his only convert that year. The boy said, “Pastor, do you think I could become a preacher or missionary some day?” The pastor encouraged him to pray and seek God about it. 

The lad was Robert Moffit who was destined to open Africa to the Gospel of Christ. 
Years later when Moffit spoke in London, a young doctor heard him say, “I have seen in the morning sun the smoke of a thousand villages where no missionary has ever been.” The young doctor, deeply moved by Moffit’s message, was none other than David Livingstone. In 1840, he sailed for Africa where he labored for Jesus for more than three decades—all of this happened because a faithful pastor encouraged his “one convert.”

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

Let me ask you a question: What are some ways we can encourage one another?

Your reply will show me if anyone is reading this and if I should continue, also I can learn, from you, ways to encourage others that I can share.

LaVon and I are truly thankful to God for each of you. Thank you for your continual support and interest in our ministry by investing yourself in many ways as partners with us: by prayer, e-mails, phone calls and your financial gifts. Without any of these we could not continue what God has called us to do and that is to share the living water with the world through the RV ministry.

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don


It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming <<<watch video

5 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Babe, I know you feel like you are not doing much right now in terms of ministry, but trust me... you are. I could not do this without you. You are a major encouragement to me, Mama Trudy, Jon, the girls and the whole family.
Being able to be here with Mama and keep my promise to her means more to me than I have words to describe and you have made it possible.
Thank you with every fiber of my being for your part in making this stage of her life as comfortable and blessing filled as is earthly possible.
Don't think for one second that what you are doing and what you are to me isn't ministry. It is.
I love you,
LaVon

monte said...

PD, I've been keeping up with your blog and enjoy it. You have been and encouragement to me. Only wish we could have been together for more time, however who knows? Getting ready to leave TX on Tuesday 4/3. We didn't sell our place,therefore, we more than likely will be back in TX next year, possibly, in January. Our plan now is to go SE first possibly in Oct, Nov and Dec. Tenn and Fla. then TX. It's been hot here the last few days in the upper 80's with humidity, not my favorite. Cool back home in MN 40's. Miss you Brother, God Bless on your trip to pick up Q. Monte

Kerry and Sharon said...

Don,

Sometimes it seems one is sitting still, doing nothing. Yet that 'nothing' is filled the activities of the day which in themselves show your love of God and is a service. The patience you have, the meal you cooked, and the love you show are all something!

God bless you and lift you up!

Kerry and Sharon said...

Each hug you give, each meal you cook, each time of patience is a time of ministry. It's allowing God to work through you to bless someone. Your Sunday's Coming blog is a great blessing to us and to many others.

Hugs

Norm and Lori said...

Hi Pastor Don,

We spoke with a couple out here at Sunscape, this past week, and they told us of a Pastor who prayed with his wife, a few years ago...we are thinking it was you...and how your prayers were felt...LaDonna, says to tell you your prayers worked, and God's grace is sufficient for all...she was in the hospital for 6mths from what they believe was a spider bite...she has fully recovered now, and she tells us, she is a miracle...and also shared with us, how meaningful your visits and prayers were to her...and if we talked to you or saw you to let you know...Our God is a God of miracles!