Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sunday's Coming

Good morning again,

It seems like the weeks are going by faster and faster.

As I was reading this morning thinking, "what will I write about?," I read this:

What I Believe

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? — Romans 10:14

"Sometimes people ask me why I do what I do. I have a very simple answer to that question, which is that I really do believe the things that we read in the Bible are true.

For example, I really believe what the Bible says about our lives being "a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away" (James 4:14). I really believe there is an eternity, there is an afterlife, there is a heaven, and there is a hell. I really believe that only those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ will go to heaven. And I also believe that I need to share this message with as many people as possible."

I also believe the Lord answers prayers and He puts people in our lives to minister to. We pray every moring and ask God where He is working and can we go with Him.

Monday we went to the hospital with one of the sweet people here in this park and while we were in the waiting room, I over heard a man talking on the phone, his wife of 62 years was not doing good; they were not giving her much chance to make it through the night. We went over and introduced ourselves and prayed with him and for his wife.

Yesterday, LaVon rode back up with Linnea to get Fran and while she was waiting, this gentleman came by; saw LaVon and his face lit up. They hugged and he told her his wife was doing much better and thanked us for caring and praying.

That, my dear friends, is why we do what we do and YES! I believe the Bible is God's word and it IS alive!

Today, I just want to tell you "thank you" for your support: emails, phone calls and financial. Without any of these we couldn't continue. As we continue asking God to lead us to where He is working, will you pray for us?

Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

2 comments:

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

God does have a way of putting you two where you are needed. Just like you were there for us this summer. We love what you do and hopefully you have a lot of years left to do it. Keep on loving people the way you do. You have a whole lot of people that love you back. We do. Have a good day.

Sharon said...

Tom and I also love the adventure of asking in the morning, "Lord what do you have on my pathway for today?" and then reviewing in the evening what "devine appointments" we have discovered.