Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sunday's Coming

Good morning,

It is that time once again. We are in Round Rock, Texas, visiting our daughter and family. I pray all is well with you and that God's blessing be upon you. This morning I went to a mens' Bible study at 6 a.m. There were 75 men there, so great to see so many men hungry for the Lord.
I was reading before the bible study and I came upon this; Click here >> We Have an Anchor

Priscilla Jane Owens who was a teacher in Baltimore, Maryland for almost half a century wrote one of the most beautiful and inspiring songs ever heard “We Have an Anchor”. She also taught Sunday school and wrote most of her hymns for her Sunday school students. I believe that this song came from the depths of her heart.

The words in this inspiring song have encouraged countless through the years. “We have an anchor that keeps the soul steadfast and sure while the billows roll, Fastened to the Rock which cannot move, Grounded firm and deep in the Savior’s love.” How I praise God for giving Jesus to us to be our anchor in the midst of the storms of life.

I don't know what you are going through today but what I do know is we have an anchor in Jesus. When I get to go fishing in a boat and come to an area where the fish are biting we just let down the anchor and it keeps me right there. When the wind gets up you can put the anchor down and it keeps the boat from floating away. I know when trials come my way I just drop my anchor and trust Jesus will keep me right where He is and won't let me drift away.

May the Lord be your anchor today.
Have a great day, love you, pass it on.
Don

3 comments:

Snookie said...

"Sunday's Coming" is some of the best reading I do all week!

Thanks Don!

Snookie

Claudia said...

We are counting the days until we also will be on the road to AZ. Can't wait to see you both in person. Until then I'll have to just be content with your wonderful "Sunday's Coming" reading!

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Don, with the passing of my dad on Sept.1st it has been very hard. We were very close and I told Wendy that I will miss our weekend calls. I know he is in a better place but he is missed. I want to thank you for your calls and your prayers it has helped very much. I just wanted to let you know. Thanks so much.
Rick