Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sunday's Coming

Good morning,

It is that time of the week again.

We have been catching up with our mothers and some of the family.

It is rainy and cool, quiet different than Arizona.

I still haven't heard what God will have us to do this summer but, what I do know is He wants us to do something. You see, I'm to be like Jesus, so each day I ask, "Lord, where are you at work , let me join You there." My life is not my own, I'm being transformed every day to be more like Jesus. I, like you, am but an ordinary person, but Jesus can use ordinary people.

"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus. "—Acts 4:13

Jell-O is amazing. It can be made into almost any shape and comes in almost any flavor. Spending time with Jesus has a way of turning the ordinary, common, everyday life into one that is dangerous, bold and courageous. Just as Jell-O takes the shape of whatever mold it is poured into, our lives begin to take the shape of the One in whom we pour ourselves. In all honesty, most of us are pretty ordinary. But, when we regularly spend time with Jesus, others will take notice, for there is no doubt that time with Jesus transforms us.
Today, maybe you feel like just another ordinary person living an ordinary life. The good news is that your life has the potential of being extraordinary. Spend time with Jesus and let him remold your life into something extraordinary.

Ask, "Where are you going, Lord, I want to go with you, change me to more like you today."

Thanks again for your prayers, emails, phone calls and financial support. Remember...
Have a great day, love you, pass it on,
Don


Permanent address:
Chaplain Don & LaVon Baker
3334 W. Main St., PMB 300
Norman, OK 73072
http://bakersblessings.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I loved your comparison to Jell-O. It made me stop and think about what shape Jesus has setup for me. I hope I don't disappoint him. Stay healthy and happy.

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

You always amaze me as how you relate everything to real life. We have a strong feeling as to what direction we are to go but it seems the devil is trying to stop us. Keep up the good work. Love you guys.